Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Captain Underpants


Bodhi is officially out of diapers. Well, at least while he's awake, we're still diapering for naps and bedtime. He has been going "commando" at home for a while and has had only one accident so we moved on to underwear at home - again, only one accident. But today was the big day when I finally sent him off to school in underwear. I lay in bed this morning having anxiety about every little thing - would he be nervous to ask his teacher? would he ask really quietly and then it would be too late before they heard him? would he be too busy playing to remember he wasn't wearing a diaper? I almost changed my mind and sent him to school in a diaper, but for fear of regression, I sent him in underwear (with a big truck on the bum no less). I stocked his backpack with two extra sets of clothes "just in case". When I got to school, I told his teachers he was diaper-free - which to them is no big deal, of course - and then left him. I wondered all morning if I would get back to school and see the tell-tale plastic bag on his hook signaling that wet clothes were inside.

So how did it go? Well, it was a good thing I sent TWO sets of clothes! In his defense, he had one accident and then later his pants got wet from the toilet seat the second time he went (in the toilet! Yay!). His teachers were completely unfazed, saying he did well for his first day (once in his pants, once in the toilet). I'm just glad that the first day is done.

Now back to the laundry!

No comments: