Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The best intentions....

This one is for all the mothers reading who have my permission to have a good laugh at my expense!

So a couple of months ago I started to really plan for Bodhi's arrival. I even bought a nice new planner to keep track of all of the million things I was going to do. You know, Mondays I would go grocery shopping, Tuesday mop all the floors etc.... Not to mention three well-rounded meals per day with dinner on the table when Dan got home from work. Well....yesterday I had tortilla chips for lunch and we ordered pizza for dinner at 9pm. Are you following where I'm going with this?

So the planner has been neatly tucked away (far out of sight) and I have now decided to do as Dan says and "embrace the disequilibrium". If all I get done today is a whole lot of cuddling, then I've done my job. Toilet cleaning can wait, but spending these amazing moments with my boy cannot. This is already proving to be a very large roller coaster ride we've hoppped on - and I don't mean the Ghoster Coaster - this is a double-corkscrew, hang upside-down, super speed, must be six feet to ride kinda roller coaster! And I am loving every nail-biting, heart-pounding minute of it.

So maybe in a couple of months the planner will resurface. I'll let Bodhi tell me when it's time. Until then, I'm so happy to sit in my rocking chair and look down at that sweet little boy sleeping in my arms. Aaaaaaah, does life get any better than this?

1 comment:

SC said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! I am so excited to be able to read about your day to day world with my sweet nephew.
Loved this post--a lot. So real--keep em a coming. Missing you guys. xoxo