Friday, May 2, 2008

While I wait...

Here we go! Our first blog and our first entry. I thought for this first entry I would fill everyone in on what's happening around our place while we wait for our new arrival. I've been off work for two weeks now and I'm enjoying the time off, but getting anxious to meet my boy! Our days are spent preparing the house, trying to figure out how all of this equipment works, eating, bubble baths, and of course, Bodhi and my daily game of footsy! He's still so active and likes to give me little kicks on my right side. So I'll try to grab his foot and he gives me a big kick back! I love this time of day and I can't wait to get my hands on those little feet!

A note for Bodhi:

While I wait for you to join me and Daddy, I think a lot about you and what our lives will be like together. There are so many things that I want to show you and teach you. Here are a few:

I want to teach you about the world! I want to take you places and let you explore new surroundings, new cultures, new flavours!

I want to show you our surroundings and teach you about nature and living simply.

I want to teach you about people and how to be compassionate and understanding (but this you'll probably already inherit from your Dad!)

I want to teach you about the importance of family and being together.

I want to teach you about being a free thinker and having an open mind.

Most of all, I want to teach you how to love and how to be loved. I promise to always love you unconditionally, but most importantly I promise to always make you feel loved and to raise you in a house full of love.

I can't wait for the sunshine that you are going to bring into our lives.

We're waiting patiently - but very anxiously!!! Get out here and meet the world!!!

xoxoxo
Mom

No comments: