This is definitely my favourite time of year! Sometimes it feels like I just wait all year for Christmas to come along and this year is extra special because I get to introduce Bodhi to a time that is always very special for me. Christmas in my family is full of traditions that Dan and I have carried on since we started spending Christmas together. The most exciting part of Christmas this year is to start all of those traditions all over again with Bodhi that I loved when I was a kid.
This weekend we drove to Kingston to see Bodhi's Grandma, Uncle Brett, Aunt Karen, and cousins Sophie and Clara. The weekend was so relaxing and fun and I really felt like getting into the Christmas spirit. We put up and decorated Sophie and Clara's tree (it's Clara's first Christmas too!) and drank egg nog and cider and just basically hung out. Grandma knit Bodhi his stocking that Santa will get to fill for the first time this year and Grandma's friend Liz gave Bodhi a very special gift. A quilt that she made for Bodhi using some of the fabric from his nursery and decorated with a picture of Stillwater (the main character from our favourite storybook).
This Christmas we'll be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with our Walmsely family, then heading to St. Catharine's to visit Bodhi's Great-Grandma and Grandpa Jim. Then off to Kingston for four days with our Christopher family. It's always a very busy time for us but we love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment