Monday, July 13, 2009

Working Mama


It has now been exactly four working days since I've returned to work. Bodhi has been at home with his Daddy and the two of them are having the time of their lives while I sweat away the hours and count every single second until I can return home to them. As hard as these past few days have been, I know that they have been special and necessary for Dan and Bodhi. Bodhi is so lucky to have a Daddy that has the opportunity to stay home with him for a while and especially to have a Daddy that cherishes every sweet minute he has with his boy. Bodhi has taught his Daddy how to do the grocery shopping, make the meals, and sweep the floors - he's doing a great job! It has also been such a great experience for Dan whose parenting confidence is being built more and more each day. And it doesn't hurt that he's getting a taste of what it's like to watch a 1 year old and wash the dishes at the same time!!!

Being back at work has been - to put it bluntly - excruciating. I drag my feet to the subway in the morning and run all the way home in the evening. I think about Bodhi and Dan every second of the day and spend most of my time wondering what they're doing at that very moment.

I feel extremely blessed that I am only going to be back at work for a short time and that I have the opportunity to be at home with Bodhi once we move to Kingston. Who knows what our future holds, but if being back at work these days has taught me anything, it's to enjoy and cherish and drink in every second that I have with Bodhi. He is getting so big and just tonight when I looked at him he looked so old, no longer a baby, like a little boy. A beautiful, wonderful, sweet, kind-hearted, gentle, loving, funny, smart, curious little boy.

No comments: