Tomorrow is my last day of work. Each day of the last three weeks has felt like an eternity to me. Last week on my way home I stood waiting for the subway and when it came it was too full for me to get on. Even though I knew that the next subway would be 2 minutes behind, I started crying on the subway platform knowing that I had just lost 2 minutes with Bodhi. Don't worry, I was very subtle. Three weeks ago, I didn't think that I would make it. I had no idea how I would get through it, and it hasn't been easy. But I did it. And now I know that it's possible to do it in the future (but I am NOT going to think about that right now!). Dan has been wonderful and he and Bodhi have had a really precious few weeks together. We're now ready to take off on our new journey to Kingston after a much needed long weekend at the cottage with family.
A new and exciting adventure awaits us and we're more than ready to take it on. The month of August will not be easy, but it will be fun! While Dan settles in to his new job, Bodhi and I will explore our new city (well, I guess it's an old city to me - but never seen through "Mary-Kate the Mom"s eyes). I've found playgroups, classes and splash pads but most importantly, I can't wait to have Dan home at 4:35pm every day. Our new life awaits - bring it on!!!!!!
1 comment:
Wahoo wahoo wahoo wahoo wahoo WAHOOO!!!!! Congratulations on completing a HUGE hurdle in your life. I'm sure those three weeks were the hardest ones, and difficult to articulate to someone who hasn't experienced it.
We are incredibly excited about the next chapter of your life, and of becoming 'regular' characters in your book!!!
Post a Comment