Friday, January 8, 2010

20 months!


My mom has always told me that although they're called the terrible "twos", they really start at 20 months. So, sweet grandson that he is, Bodhi has backed up his grandma's theory with gusto! WOW. The past couple of weeks have been a little trying to say the least. Bodhi's sweet, gentle nature is still alive and present, but it is definitely interspersed with some serious 20 month old behaviour! We're talking tantrums a-plenty! Fortunately, I'm a pretty patient person....except when I'm tired. So, not only have the tantrums begun, but my little guy also decided to make the holidays a no-sleep extravaganza - up all night (sometimes for hours), refusing to go to sleep at bedtime, and some days not napping at all. Luckily, those sleep habits are starting to disappear again and after a few good nights of sleep, everything seems a lot more doable. It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for both myself and for Bodhi. Now let's just hope he keeps up the good sleeping during our trip to Bermuda the week after next!

As difficult as these past few weeks have been, I am still so grateful for the little dolly that I have. He knows how to be sweet and kind and gentle, how to laugh and have fun, how to enjoy life and how to make others feel wonderful. He is a truly special little boy.

So I guess we have to admit that Grandma was right all along! Thankfully she also says that boys get easier and easier with age. Insert sigh of relief here!

No comments: