
Above is a photo of how we're feeling today! Here's why...
I never thought that I would say this, but I cannot wait until winter! For the entire summer they have been doing construction on our building, directly outside our bedroom windows. Literally, there are men on scaffolding drilling and hammering outside our 19th floor windows. The noise level is actually hilarious because it's so ridiculous - like a jackhammer inside our apartment. The good and bad part is that it's been so rainy this summer that we've luckily had some days off from the noise, but on the bad side, the rain has extended the project from a 3-5 week affair to taking up the last 8 weeks and it doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon! Needless to say, there hasn't been a whole lot of sleeping going on between the hours of 9am and 4pm while they're drilling and poor Bodhi is starting to really feel the effects (as am I). We've been escaping as often as possible throughout the day and going on a lot of walks, but eventually we always have to return to our den of noise!
I say all this because today a very wonderful thing happened. It almost made me able to tolerate the construction (almost). On one of Bodhi and my many walks, we turned down a side street and there ahead of us was a huge construction vehicle of some sort taking a massive jackhammer to the street. The noise was deafening. Bodhi, of course, had just fallen back asleep after being woken up by our construction at home. And I, of course, thought to myself "you have got to be kidding me, these people are everywhere". Somewhat angrily, I pressed on. Suddenly the jackhammer stopped and the driver turned the vehicle off completely. We were about 50 feet away. I continued pushing the stroller up the street (Bodhi had miraculously stayed asleep). As I passed the construction site, the man in the jackhammer truck thingy looked out his window and said "I saw you coming - I couldn't be the one to wake a sleeping baby!". I couldn't believe it - I almost cried. He saw us coming and shut down his work until we had passed and were clear around the corner. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this all day and had to share the story.
As I said it ALMOST made me able to tolerate the construction friends outside our apartment window - ALMOST.
No comments:
Post a Comment