Monday, October 6, 2008

Morning time, my favourite time

This picture says it all - it was taken first thing one recent morning....

Just like his mama, Bodhi is a morning person. He gets up bright and early every morning - usually by 6am (sometimes a bit earlier - yikes!). I'll hear him kicking his legs and blowing raspberries, I'll climb out of bed, tiptoe across the floor and peek into his bed. He'll look up at me and instantly a big smile will appear on his sweet little face and his arms and legs will start pumping in excited anticipation of another day. As quick as I can, I scoop him up and give him a big good morning hug, then off to start our day. After Bodhi's breakfast is when the fun really begins! The morning is when we have our biggest laughs, our biggest squeals and our biggest giggly cuddles. He's silly, he's happy and he's bright and sunny. I tell you, it's easy to get up at the crack of dawn when you know what wonderful times await!

Bodhi has taught me many lessons in his mere five months, but the most valuable lesson he's taught me is how to be genuinely positive. Spending so much time with another human being who is able to be completely himself 100% of the time really puts things into perspective for you. He laughs at everything, smiles at everyone and can find enjoyment in playing with a plastic cup. Everything to him is new and exciting. He has completely lit up my world and reminds me every day what is really important in life. I can't wait until tomorrow morning - another day together!

No comments: