Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The home stretch


Well here we are. Dan is in Kingston working this week and Bodhi and I are trying our hardest to get the apartment packed and presentable before we make the trek this Saturday. I was so worried about being home this week, packing alone with a toddler, but so far so good! We're taking our time, packing for an hour - playing for an hour - packing for an hour... I've been able to get a lot done during naps (except for nap myself!) and after Bodhi goes to bed. There isn't much use packing while he's up and about - new fun games include: taking everything out of the box that I have just packed while I search for more things to add to the box; emptying garbage bags that are overflowing with random objects we no longer need; and pouring water over every possible surface he can find. We've actually had a lot of fun so far with time for swimming, post-dinner park trips, sweet treats, and no shortage of cartoons (what I like to call my "electronic babysitter"). Bodhi is holding up really well amid all the chaos and has even used it as a learning experience - two new words "box" and "pack".

We took a walk up to the Junction this afternoon to return some library books and rent a couple of movies and it was like I was seeing the neighbourhood for the first time. Isn't it funny that these restaurants, coffee shops, and boutiques have been under my nose the whole time we've lived here, but the first time I notice them is when I know I'm leaving them behind. I'm getting nostalgic for things I didn't care about five minutes ago!!!

Tomorrow we're going to go out for a little breakfast date and a walk up to Bloor West Village and Thursday we'll take the trip down Roncesvalles to the doctor for Bodhi's 15 month appointment. Friday we'll pack the last bits and pieces and Saturday will be here before we know it.

1 comment:

SC said...

I can't wait can't waitn can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON DAYS---SATURDAY GET HERE!!!!!